Saturday, January 21, 2012

Broken

So those who know me best know that am extremely personal and do not like letting people into my personal life. I have never been known as an open book, and still really do not have any plans to change that.

This week has been extremely hard on me emotionally, and Satan has been having a field day. He has attacked me professionally, personally, and spritually. I have spent the last hour or so truly seeking the comfort of my Savior. I wrote down some words in somewhat poetic form. I feel like God is asking me to share them even though I have no desire to. But maybe He is asking me to be very real, I'm not sure.

Broken

"I sit here today with tears flooding my eyes,
Wishing I knew the secret to overcoming the evil one's lies.

No I am not naive, for I know the answers are written out clearly for me,
But honestly I admit that saying yes to satan's temptation has allowed me to be badly bit.

It's so easy to blame all of life's distractions that are swarming around me,
But the truth is quite simple, the blame for all of this lies squarely on me.

Forgive me dear Lord for not just ignoring your Word,
But also for refusing your company, companionship, and your love.

I sit here broken and I am not sure how to make all this right,
But I do know if my heart will simply say yes to trusting you again, then one day life will once again be bright."


So not a great poem, but that's where my heart is right now. I have found comfort in His truth that He is ever so willing to mold and shape my life, if I will just be willing. How about you, are you living secure in this truth?

Thanks for reading

Alicia Anne


No comments: